Professor, Doctor of Philosophy, sport surgeon orthopaedist – traumatologist.
Knee and shoulder arthroscopic surgery.
Anterior and posterior cruciate ligament reconstructions, articular cartilage repair, transplantation-implantation of menisci, shoulder instability reconstructions, rotator cuff repair and distal clavicle stabilization.
- More than 18 years working experience;
- He has done over 8100 knee and shoulder arthroscopic reconstructions;
- Physician of Lithuanian national basketball team.
- 1990 – 1996 – Kaunas University of Medicine, medical doctor, Lithuania;
- 1996 – 1997 – Internship in Vilkaviškis Hospital, Lithuania;
- 2001 – Specialized orthopedic and traumatology residency in Kaunas University of Medicine;
- 2000 – 2002 Specialized orthopedic and traumatology residency in Lund university, Sweden;
- 2003 – Nordic ESSKA scholarship in Karolinska university, Sweden;
- 2003 – PhD thesis in Kaunas University of medicine “Clinical results after articular cartilage reconstructive treatment“;
- 2005 – New York orthopedic clinic, USA;
- 2006 – Lyon orthopedic clinic, France.
Fluent in English and Russian.
- Lithuanian Arthroscopic and Sports Traumatology Association (President from 2003 to 2009);
- Lithuanian Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics;
- International Cartilage Repair Society (OARSI);
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS);
- European Society of Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology Arthroscopy (ESSKA).
- Co-author of 64 scientific articles represented in different medical journals;
- Co-author of many international oral and poster presentations.