Facts about culture of Lithuania:
- basketball is the most popular sport, it’s calling second religion of Lithuania. Country men’s team is currently ranked third in the world behind the USA and Spain;
- Lithuania is also known for numerous castles – about twenty castles exist here. Some of them had to be rebuilt or survive partially. The most beautiful is Trakai and Gediminas castle – it is worth to see it;
- there are a lot of massive churches and historic manors too;
- Lithuania also boasts more than five million exhibits in historic, archeological, ethnic and religious museums, as well as memorials;
- the country has 105 museums;
- Lithuanian wooden crosses are UNESCO-recognized art, with Hill of Crosses a world-famous sight;
- the Old Town of Vilnius has been restored and was named a UNESCO World Heritage.